Pages

Saturday, December 16, 2017

One more day of work to go!

So, it’s the weekend here once again! And my last one too! Yesterday was a pretty relaxed day. I got up, got ready, and went to the office. I started messing around with reorganising some of the files on the dropbox before we left. Marjolein brought some chocolate from her home country which was…for lack of a better word…really reeeaaaalllllyyyy nice…it’s been too long since I had nice chocolate…or chocolate of any kind really hahahaha. Anyway, we headed off to the morning group after a while. I recorded the loan repayments on our spreadsheet while Cleo handled the books, Yuta wrote the weekly report, Melanie and Marjolein gave presentations on having children out of marriage and saving money, respectively. Diane did nothing but watched. After a bit, Yuta, Diane and I went on a business visit to see…you guessed it! THE FARM NEXT DOOR! Third times the charm, or so they say! When everything was all done, Melanie, Marjolein and I all said our goodbyes! The women sang us a farewell song, and we all took some pictures together…but Cleo’s got those I think…I’ll have to get them from her! I took some of some other stuff though!




After that, we went out to lunch, since it was Melanie’s last day and Cleo’s heading off to Zanzibar over the weekend. We went to the Mulberry…the same place I got food poisoning from last time…luckily, THIS time I didn’t! I got a pretty nice toasted sandwich with chicken, avocado, and something else in it…mayo I think.


They’ve also got a pretty funny sign on the toilets there hahaha


After the Mulberry, we walked for about 5 minutes into town, then split up. Cleo and Yuta went to the central market to buy some vegetables for dinner, while Melanie and I walked over to a butcher to buy some chicken wings. The first thing I noticed when I walked in was how western the butcher was! It was so clean, and all the meat was kept in fridges with glass fronts and everything…just like Australia. It’s the only butcher I’ve seen here where the meat isn’t just hung out on hooks in the open, covered in flies…

After all our shopping adventures, we met up at Africafe for some dessert. It was so good…I’m actually going to miss Africafe…although I suspect my love of Africafe is simply relative to all the other food here hahahahha. I do miss Melbourne’s food, as shallow as it sounds hahaha. After a nice relaxed time there, I said my goodbyes to Melanie and Cleo (I’ll see Yuta again on Monday), and headed off home. Since then (last night), I’ve mainly been working on restructuring the dropbox folders containing all of the women’s groups’ information. It’s a long job…but I’m almost done! Today was a bit of a nothing day…I mostly worked on that…had a sleep…and now I’m going to bed! So, goodnight! My next post will probably be my last post in Tanzania! I can’t believe the month is almost over already!


Anyway, I’m off! See ya in the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment